Yes, I'm alive, even if in these days I didn't write much on this blog. The real reason of this silence is the blog itself: moving from blogspot to wordpress was not so easy as I've thought...
But except that i've done many other things.
I've been a candidate in the last town elections for the Town Council and two of the nine District Councils of Bologna, and tonight we'll see the vote results.
I'm getting ready for Sven's arrive, on thursday afternoon, and I'm really curious, as well as very happy about that (by the way, his blog is on the list of links on the right side of this page) (but it's in swedish) (good luck!).
Lastly, I've started with the Coro da camera di Bologna the rehearsals for the A-flat major Mass by Schubert, D 678, that I've renamed "Travel-Sick-Mass". After the first time i've seen the score, i've looked for a video on the internet, just to hear how could it be, also because it's really easy to find things like this on youtube. But I couldn't find any video about this Mass. After four rehearsals I've understood why: every four or five beats Schubert changes tonality and, even if the Author writes always some "warning notes" in the orchestra score, the result sounds like a ferry trip on the English Channel. I'd suggest the bravest readers this link with the audio previews of this Mass. Try the Sanctus, for instance: in just four beats it goes from a F major played orchestra to the choir's start - F#, C#, A and F#.
I wish I could write a bit more, but i've got to log off, now. For the moment I promise I'll write a bit more until thursday. There are many other things I've got to tell you...
[leave a reply]